Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Maine Maple Sunday

We traveled up to Sidney, Maine to visit the Bacon Family Farm for Maine Maple Sunday 2011.  Abby's first sugar shack field trip was cold, windy, and resulted in a long, long, long line.  We waited to move for about 10 minutes before I opted to sneak in the exit to purchase syrup.  The exit was clearly marked with "entrance the OTHER way" and I had Abby with me as an excuse to cut in line.  After a quick peek the hold up was the wait for the maple cotton candy.  Oh, how I really wanted one of those, but the the cold won and we paid for the syrup and maple whoopie pie.  At least I, err, Abby got the whoopie pie.  This particular farm had a few cows but no other animals to check out.  The sugar shack was beautiful inside and it was clear they've done some renovations recently. 

please don't take my whoopie





   
I said, "don't take my whoopie!"






We'll most likely go to a different farm next year, especially one that has animals, peacocks, and mini horses (Coopers Farm in Windham).  We happen to know one of the mini-owners who would probably give us a great tour!

We finished the day at Uncle Bob's 60th birthday party just down the road and had a lovely time with aunts, uncles, cousins and second cousins. 

1 comment:

  1. Nash Valley Farm in Windham and Merrifield Farm in Gorham are great ones for kids also!

    ReplyDelete