Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Colors of the Rainbow

Abby and I have started drawing and practicing our colors.  Abby enjoys listening to me say the colors while she grabs any crayon from the jar.  She looks excitedly at me as if she choose the right one.  How can I possibly say no?

The first time we went through the colors she absolutely repeated "blue" and "purple" and she now will randomly say them.  She does have the uncanny habit of repeating a word perfectly and then it gets lost in la-la land.  Some words I thank God she won't repeat ever again (umm, that swear word I accidentally said) and others I know she'll start saying in no time.

And for the record, she can put "purple" to the right crayon!!


Which color did she want?

"Orange??"  Not quite, Abby!
"Purple! That's right!" She even knew it, the smarty pants.

Oh, and  her greasy hair?  Olive oil...she has a crazy spot of cradle cap.  Yes, really. 

1 comment:

  1. Cradle Cap...is the olive oil working? It didn't for me. Our Dr told us to slather on a butch or baby shampoo and let it sit there while Sara took a bath. Rinse it away and you should be good. Worked really well...

    ReplyDelete