Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Week 36 brings all tricks and no treats. I officially have cankles, my back is sore, and I waddle. At least I have chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth! Okay, some treats are involved.

We had our 36 week appointment late Friday afternoon, so we scooted from work early and ended up in Williston by 4pm. We're measuring 1 cm less than our last appt so apparently the baby is dropping a bit! She's kicking more and more to make her way down, that's for sure. We also found out I tested positive for Group B Strep, which is nothing serious and just means that I am a carrier of this kind of bacteria. Apparently 20% of women are carriers and it's usually passed on by the Mom. What does this mean? I'll be given antibiotics via IV when labor begins. We also met with only midwife we hadn't met yet. All the woman in the Midwife practice are super nice and I know we'll be in good hands when labor and delivery time comes.

Before the appointment Tim surprised me with a gift certificate to have a prental massage at the Oasis Day Spa. Oh la la, is right! We also treated ourselves to dinner and a movie afterward. I highly recommend "This is It" the Michael Jackson movie. Great dancing and tunes! By the way, I think we were the youngest people in the restaurant at 5pm.

No dress up for me this year, but Tim is heading out dressed as Kool-aid Man. A trip to Salvation Army and a quick art project by me, and he's set. He'll probably be leaving as I head to bed :-) Hmm, what will Miss Proctor be next year? A lady bug? a bee? We've seen some cute costumes this year!

Happy Halloween! I'll post pics of the belly soon. I think this picture is scary enough :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment