Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Zingers...

We had our 33 week and 4 day appointment on Monday. All went well - we measured right on at 34 cm, still gaining an appropriate amount of weight, heard a nice heartbeat, blood pressure was perfect, and has lots of questions answered.

This past week I've felt some significant pressure in the cervix area....when our Mid Wife explained it as a zing, I realized that's exactly what it was! It almost feels like she's going to "fall out" at any time. She assured me it was normal :-) So now, I'm having more frequent zingers! They definitely catch my breath, but thankfully only last a few seconds.

Oh, and I did get my flu shot. The H1N1 is not available yet, but I most likely will get it when it is. So hopefully the baby and I are protected against getting sick this winter.

1 comment:

  1. As I read that I totally can recall that ZInging sensation! It is very strange and hard to explain to someone who has never felt it! At around 37 or 38 weeks I started feeling that "falling out" feeling a lot more and as it turned out she was at 0 station! In other words, her head was level with my cervix and ready to drop into the birth canal. So zingers can be a very good thing in the long run. It means she is making her way down! Savannah went from 0 station to -1 very quickly during my labor, which is why I think it went fairly quickly. I am getting so excited for you! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete