Monday, November 16, 2009

No VT baby yet, either....

Tap.....tap.....tap......tap....tap.....I feel like I'm watching a pot boil! Ten days and counting :-) Well, actually, I'm really telling myself December 10th, 2009, so 24 if you're really counting. That will put us two weeks post due date and if this munchkin hasn't arrived, they are going in after her. I have a slight feeling she's going to keep us in suspense, but everyone cross your fingers she won't receive an eviction notice!

We're doing well as we approach the holy-cow-our-life-is-going-to-change moment of our life. My Facebook status this morning was "It's a good day when you're 9 1/2 months pregnant and DON'T drop the soap in the shower...." I know it's going to change tomorrow because I tend to drop the soap, not just once either.

Otherwise, we're ready for this baby!

The crossed off items include:
  • Meals frozen? Check! We've made mini lasagna's, apple bread, chicken pot pies, turkey soup, meatloaf, and we're working on baked ziti this week
  • Oil change and inspection? Check! Although, the car has to go back in this week because I hit a deer last Friday. Yes, according to Aunt DeeDee I tagged the family's first deer.
  • Nursery set up? Check! It's pretty adorable if you ask me!
  • Labor bag packed? Check! just need to remember to grab the tooth brush...
  • House clean? Check..it's as clean as it's gonna get, folks. I can barely reach the bottom of the washing machine.
  • CPR certified? Check! Hopefully I remember what I need to do if something happens.
  • Cloth diapers and clothes washed? You betcha!
What do I have left?
  • Figure out birth announcements - which totally can wait. A good project for G-Ma, right?
  • Take more pictures/video of the baby belly. I'm trying to catch the foot action again on video. She stuck her foot out alien like, and it freaked. me. out!
As you can see...I don't have a whole lot left .....tap.....tap....tap.....tap....maybe if I ask sweetly she'll think about gracing us with her presence? hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment