Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"To The Employed"

Over the weekend we had a BBQ for friends and family to celebrate the holiday.  Our good friends Ellen and Brian joined us with their two kids, spaced one year and 12 days apart, in tow.  Ellen is one of my oldest and dearest friends.  We met in highschool, hit the clubs together, were going to write a book together, in each other's weddings, the list goes on and on.  She showed up to the BBQ looking fantastic after having Nora just a month ago and handed me a basket.  This basket titled, 'Welcome Back to Work "Basket of Needs' literally made my jaw drop.  I'm not sure where she came up with the idea or had the time to put it together, but it literally almost made me cry.  Not just for the gesture, but the reminder how truly great friends are. 


 In this basket is almost every item I might need on Day 1.  Here are a few of them with their notes:  (Edit- okay, all of them)

Nivea A kiss of smoothnes - "When you need to smooth things over"
Suave Advanced Therapy - "When you've washed too many sippy cups
Lindts Truffles - "Chocolate is better than ____"
Miracle Bubbles - "When you're bored"
Sweet Dreams Herb Tea - "When you wish you could go tell someone to F*** themselves.
Tylenol - "When nothing else works"
Campbell's Soup - "When you feel under the weather"
Puff's Plus - "For the good times and the better"
Runts - "For When you are pregnant again"
Trail Mix - "When you need a natural pick me up"
Trident Gum - "If you forget to brush your teeth or drink too much coffee"
Hand sanitizer - "To Keep you Healthy"
Dunkin Donuts Coffee - "Are you kidding me?"
Fashion Citation note pad - "When you really want to say it, but can't"
Her phone number framed - "When you need a friend"


Seriously the funniest, most thoughtful and adorable gift I've received in a long time.  Thank you Ellen for being such a great friend and reminding me, once again, how blessed I am.  Blessed to have such wonderful family, friends, and an opportunity to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment