Tuesday, May 24, 2011

July 5th, 2011

What's this you ask?  Well, it just so happens it's my next day of WORK.  That's right!  After 31 applications, 15 interviews, and buckets of patience, I was offered a seasonal supervisor assignment at LL Bean.  This is seasonal to permanent, so I'll be crossing fingers they like me enough to keep me on after January.  I start July 5th and will be working first shift in the Portland Call Center.  The hours are pretty flexible, the discount grand, and I have been ok'd for time off in August for our trip to the Cape.  Phewww!!  Bring on the employee store!!

Although I'm very excited about the opportunity, I will miss Abby while she's at day care.  She's been super cute lately.  Laughing adorably and really understanding what we say.  She can't say a whole lot, but she sure does understand it all!

one going on sixteen
In fact, while I was on the phone today (10 minutes) with my future boss, she had managed to get ON the breakfast bar, open the cabinet, take out a wine glass, uncover the crock pot of chili, and put bits of beans in the wine glass.  I can't make this up.  Thank GOD she didn't hurt herself.  This girl is trouble with a capital "T"!  I suppose if I had actually been paying attention doing my job, this wouldn't have happened.  Oh the joys......

1 comment:

  1. JESS!!!! YAY!!!! And thank HEAVENS for your time off in August for your Cape trip! we can't wait to see you guys! And we will celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete