Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I love today.....I usually do, even before I came a Mom.......

The Proctors woke up around 7 and while Abby and I snuggled, Tim prepared coffee in bed.  He also surprised me with a super gift.  I've been saying that I am going to get a new bag to celebrate a new job.  Well, since that hasn't happened yet, I was shocked to open a new Coach tote.  Seriously am loving this guy right now.....he was gone for a week and it seemed like an eternity!  I'm so glad he's back!!

We didn't have much time as we planned on cooking an amazing breakfast at my Mom's.  Breakfast of french toast, eggs, and bacon.  Love!  The fam spent two hours in Mom's garden.  Weeded, planted, mulched, and bordered her annual bed.  It really came out awesome.

We came home around noon and did lots of yard work at our house.  Tim mowed the lawn for the first time in his life.  Yes, first time. My deal for today was that he did everything around the house. Laundry, dishes, etc.  I got my wish and I even offered to fold the diaper load.  Heavenly!  Dinner was at Fuji one of my favorite sushi restaurants in Portland. 

I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but this has been a GREAT weekend!  Lots of fun, sun, family, and yard work!  

I hope you all enjoyed your own Mother's Day whether you celebrated with your Mom, as a Mom, or thinking of your Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment