Thursday, April 22, 2010

We're Under Contract!

It's official! I'm a bit leery to post the good news because I'm afraid to jinx us. BUT, a buyer made an offer on Sunday, we countered on Sunday night, she accepted, and we signed the Purchase and Sale on Tuesday morning. Holy Moses this is moving faster than we thought. The appraisal is tomorrow and inspection on Monday. Say an extra prayer to the housing God's that the appraisal comes in where we want it to!

What we thought was going to take forever took about a month. The process of getting back to Maine has finally started. Up next? Employment. I'm sad about this because I love my job very much (and I'm not just saying that because some readers might be my colleagues). I genuinely enjoy my role at VTB, learning about the business, and growing with a great company. I know my skills will be able to transfer to something great, but the unknown is a bit scary. Tim is able to continue to work for PCC by setting up an office at home and telecommuting.

The plan now is to rent in Vermont until we're ready to make the transition to the Vacationland State.

Hold onto your hats, folks..it's going to be a fun ride!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! BUUUTTT, how am I going to break the news to Savannah that her best little baby friend might not be at school anymore?!? :-( We will miss you guys soooo much. I really do hope it all works in your favor and you find a great job in Maine! If you can survive and actually like VTB, then I am sure you will find happiness almost anywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete