Thursday, April 8, 2010

"10 little kids in a bed, roll over, roll over"

Children's songs have never been my favorite - I'd rather be busting out to some country, classic rock or even Top 40. With an infant around, singing songs are a must. It's a distraction when they are cranky, helps lull them to sleep, and brings such joy to their little tiny faces. I've been making up words to beats and humming when I can't for the life of me think of something at 6am. Here's an example - think of Michael Jackson's Billy Jean. "Abby Jean is not daughter, she's just a kid who claims I am her mom...hum, hum, hum...." right? I know....pathetic.

For now, we have a couple of books (thanks to Kelly and the boys!) that play music when you push buttons and have lyrics to go along. I also just bought a nursery rhyme book to help with the effort.

Now, if I could work on my pitch, Abby might enjoy the tunes I make.

Oh! And one more thing....appropriately enough for the title of this post, Abby has rolled over all the way! From laying on her back to her tummy and then from her tummy back to her back. She's scooting enough for her to move from one side of the the crib to another. Actually showing you this would probably take 10 minutes since it doesn't happen quickly, but I'm guessing soon enough.

There were ten in a bed and the little one said
"Roll over, roll over"
So they all rolled over and one fell out

There were nine in a bed and the little one said
"Roll over, roll over"
So they all rolled over and one fell out

and so on, and so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment