Thursday, April 1, 2010

Grandparents

Today marks the fourth anniversary of my paternal grandfather's death. No joke - it's true. We can kid about it as a family, because it seems fitting for who he was. While I have had several grandparents become angels, I am reminded every day of Grampy Dee. Why? I have a thriving Peace Lily from his funeral and it bloomed this week. Earlier last year it had outgrown its pot and need some TLC. I repotted it into three individual plants and gave one to each of my brothers. I hope they're keeping their plant safe. Of all of our grandparents, Tim and I have just my maternal grandfather with us. He met Abby while we were in Florida

Technology sure has changed since I was a kid. Between email, blogs, Skype, facebook, and cell phones we are able to keep in touch with family and friends so much easier than back in the day.

Today, we remember not only Grampy, but all of our grandparents and Abby's grandparent who have passed.


Grampy Dee's Peace Lily


Aline's (Tim's Mom) bathrobe passed down from GJ and Ethan.
It's big now, but that just means it will get some extra love.


No comments:

Post a Comment