Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Earth Month!

You may have thought I forgot all about it, but I sure didn't! In fact, I've been sharing my passion of Being Green with MOPS, an organization of special moms. The topic this week was Home Detox and Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I was asked to speak after showing up at Craft Day with my reusable snack sacks. Many of the crafters were intrigued and wanted to purchase them! The news spread and my meeting organizer asked me to present at the next meeting. There were two speakers, one who focused on removing chemicals from the home and myself. I had 15 minutes to chat about the three R's!

In honor of Earth Month, for the next four posts I'd like to continue spreading my passion about Going Green. Using the same topics as the MOPS meeting you'll find Green Tips that are money saving, informative, and best of all easy!

Speaking in front of these wonderful ladies was inspiring and motivating. I hope I was able to encourage them to make small, but meaningful changes in their life.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing again Jess it was great and inspiring. There was one cleaner I wasnt sure about in your list the liquid cleaner is that dish soap???
    My plans this weekend is to detox alittle "Baby Steps" Right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby steps is what it's all about! For the laundry detergent, use washing soda :-) For some of the other recipes some do require dish soap!

    ReplyDelete