Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thank you, Abby!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty challenging in the sleep department. We thought Abby was on a roll with only getting up only once at night. But, as all know, just when things get settled, babies switch it up on us. I figured it was the change in going back to work, spending more time in Day Care, then us all getting sick, potential supply issues and her not getting enough food at night, etc. After going to bed between 7-9pm, she would get up at 1, 3 or 4ish, 5ish, etc....At first I was feeding her each time, then we let her put her self back to sleep when she woke up at 1am. This pattern was making for a very tired Mommy. Daddy could have helped, but we don't have a huge supply of milk in the freezer.

I ended up calling the pediatrician yesterday and received good news that she's not starving, my supply during the day is adequate for her needs at "school" and that her sleep patterns are changing. We also have been trying to be better at a bed time routine. Grub at 6 and 8, bath at 7, etc..she's generally asleep shortly after her bath and maybe gets up for 8, sometimes it's 9. We always give her a few ounces before we go to bed to fill her belly. The past couple of days she would wake up, but we would let her talk to her self for a minute or two. She would eventually fall back asleep, but I'd still be wide awake. Ugghhh...

After silently pleading with her last night to at least sleep until 3am or 4am ( I went to bed at 9pm), she answered me by sleeping straight through to 5:45am! Not one wake up! I love you Abby! Your Momma appreciates the shut eye....


Here she is in one of her favorite places!

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand. Right when I went back to work we switched Savannah to her own room and she decided to hate sleeping there, so she was waking quite a bit a night. I made the decision that since she was eating well during the day that I should not be nursing her at night so I could get some sleep. It really helped a lot and I quickly stopped feeling guilty after I realized I was feeling sooooo much better with more sleep. Good luck to you. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! Every day is a new learning experience and I try to roll with it. So much fun seeing you at Day Care! I was leaving at about 5:05 yesterday and Savannah was saying "Abby"! So cute! She was waiting very patiently for you by the gate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. I love it when she says "Abby" it is so adorable. Another cute thing...she now says "cheers" when we all sit down to dinner. I digress. It is great seeing you at daycare too! Abby is soooooo cute. I love her little personality. People said that about Savannah too and as it turns out she is quite a goofy toddler, so I am sure Abby will be a silly girl too :-)

    ReplyDelete