Friday, May 1, 2009

Row, Row, Row your Bloat

I guess I didn't realize I would be so excited to have an actual baby bump. One doesn't go from normal to bump; one goes from normal, to bloated, to more bloated, to bump. I'm probably at the "more bloated" stage. I'd show pictures, but then I'd have to burn them. Tim might say the bloat is from the full servings of crab rangoons (that would be 8 to myself) or the plates and plates of carbs, but I'll just call it bloat.

Although my boss and a select few coworkers know about the impending little one, I'm waiting to tell my staff until after the craziness of Mother's Day. AND, it's getting harder to wear normal clothes that camouflage this ridiculous excess bloat. Yes, I have the bella band; and yes, I'm using elastics to loop the button of my jeans. Oh and hiding the exhaustion? Impossible. Four people came up to me today and asked how I was feeling - that I looked sick. REALLY? I only stayed up until 10!!! I guess I need to really get back to an 8pm bedtime.

Has it already been 10 weeks? Would you believe we're starting to think about daycare? I know, that IS crazy!

Roll me on outta here.....until I get a real bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment