Friday, May 22, 2009

Opportunity comes knocking!

Besides figuring out this mom-to-be thing, I was recently promoted at work. The VP of Operations (my now boss) approached me about an opportunity to manage the Retail Shop and Call Center. It all happened very quickly, and after I said yes, the doubt creeped in. I'm certainly very excited, nervous, and blessed. I could have stayed where I was - safe, easy going for the summer, but I felt I've learned as much as I can from supervising the warehouse. The new opportunity brings a wealth of new knowledge and open doors. The transition is happening this week, so I'm looking forward to a long weekend to rest my mushy brain. We'll be in Maine celebrating Memorial Day and am looking forward to BBQ's and seeing family and friends!

Tim is certainly excited and proud of my accomplishments. It's interesting making decisions for your family instead of yourself. But I guess that's what it means to be a grown up :-) The door opened and I'm walking right through.

1 comment: