Monday, April 27, 2009

Things no one tells you

Yes, I'm excited about being pregnant. It's a pretty surreal thing, and today I'm feeling pretty good. Over the course of the last few weeks I've come to realize there are several things no one really ever tells you:

1. Your pee and poop smell VERY different. Seriously, you know how your pee smells after eating asparagus? Exactly. Eww, gross. Apparently it's all the hormones. AND, of course you pee a lot more and for some of us poop more (or sometimes not at all).

2. Morning sickness = constant hangover. You know what I'm talking about...hungover means food repulses you, smells make you nauseous, etc. That's how I feel ALL. DAY. LONG. I've been fortunate I haven't been sick (I'm knocking on every single piece of wood in my vicinity) yet, but the recent car rides have been interesting.

3. Cravings. I think I've figured these out. It's not like I'm craving anything particular, it's just that everything else makes me sick. For example, driving home from work on Friday, the thought of dinner wasn't exactly appealing, so when crab rangoons and teriyaki steak came into my mind and it sounded pretty good - I HAD to have it. Luckily my supportive husband called the order in and we picked it up on the way to Boston. So, it's not really cravings, it's food that doesn't repulse you at that minute. Pickles, Chinese Food, ice cream...no matter how weird, you gotta eat, right?

There you go...I'm sure I'll come up with more along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment