Monday, May 4, 2009

Arts and Crafts

Thanks to the Eco-Friendly Board on the Nest, I've become obsessed with reusable sandwich and snack bags. Many WAHM or SAHM (work at home mom, stay at home mom's respectively) have set up etsy shops (etsy.com) with these as products. I consider myself pretty crafty and figured with enough research I could probably make my own. I borrowed my friend's sewing machine (THANKS, JEN!), picked up $15.00 worth of fabric, iron on vinyl, and velcro and three hours later here's a sample of what I ended up with!






These are two of the four patterns I purchased - ladybugs and baseballs. Perfect for either a little boy or girl. They are waterproof on the inside and are great for sandwiches, grapes, cheerios, or anything else. We can throw them in the wash, and after a quick line dry are ready to reuse.

On another note, we had dinner with friends this weekend and received an adorable congratulatory book from "G". The title and message couldn't have been more fitting. Thanks Amy and Rick!




No comments:

Post a Comment