Monday, April 13, 2009

It's hard to Keep it "Mum"!

Man, when you have a secret this big, it's hard to keep it mum! So, the first person we wanted to share the news with was my Mum and Dad. After a craptastic week of bad news, good news was destined. In all honesty, when you have news this big you want to shout from the roof tops, point to your belly and say, "I'm pregnant!", or better yet hire a plane with a flying banner. BUT, we kept it quiet until we drove to Maine on March 27th. My grandmother's funeral arrangements were that evening and when we got home I had two gifts for my Mom to open. I had to make sure Dad was in the room because he has a tendancy to wander off with a red one (Bud beer) and the remote. The first gift was a breast cancer journal and the second was a white square box with a pink bow. Inside was an adorable gender neutral onesie that said, "If Mom says no, ask Grandma!" Check out the video to really see the reaction - it's priceless.






We had planned to see my brothers and relatives and friends from Wisconsin for breakfast and share the news. We'd much rather be able to give if face-to-face than over the phone. For some of you, phone is the only option! We basically just said, "Hey check out this funny video of Mom!"

My brother put two and two together and announced that I get to be the DD for this year's brew fest. Thanks, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment