Thursday, January 23, 2014

In 50 Years....

Before you read this post you must read a prerequisite here.

Did you read it?

As I reflected over Thanksgiving (2013) all that I am thankful for, I vowed to make a more conscious effort to vocalize my gratitude for those things.  I decide to write a Christmas card to the couple featured in the above post.  Even better, I wanted to give to them in person.  After several weeks of cold, cold weather, the holidays, and being out of town, we finally saw the couple walking last weekend.  We slowly pulled over and I jumped out of the car and waved to show my friendliness.

I couldn't even spit out any words before the waterworks started.  I hurriedly tried to explain.  "We drive by every Sunday and look forward to seeing them....Here's a card....Thank you for your inspiration...." They were genuinely touched by the gesture and we received an email from someone in their congregation:

Dear Jess,
We are at the monthly United Methodist Women's meeting.
Jane Beckwith just shared with us the story of your encounter last Sunday morning
on the way to Church.  We have each been touched as we read your Christmas card and the enclosed, "Measure your life in love."   Your kindness has touched all of us.
Jane asked if I could go on line and send you a thank you to let you know how much your
kindness and thoughtfulness meant to her and Gary.

As it happened the theme at church on Sunday was taken from Isaiah 42.  "I have taken you by the hand and kept you."  Perhaps you heard that at your church service as well.

Sincerely,

Ruth

It was a wonderful day to feel and BE grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment