Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dress Up Trunk turned Wardrobe

I've been wanting to turn Abby's overflowing dress up trunk into something a bit more functional and organized. Especially for my Type-A personality.  Keeping my eye out for a pinterest worthy makeover furniture item, I scored one yesterday.  With all the materials on hand, my side kick (s) and I got ready.
Getting ready to take it apart
Isn't this everyone's painting clothes?

Taking a picture of our handy work

Abby helped with the first "coat" while I rolled out the rest

Getting ready to organize! Be still my heart...The mound of mess right smack in the middle is the trunk.

Finished!  There are 9 cup hook around the outside and I left enough room to have shoe boxes underneath.
 
Abby and I had a blast!  She was such a big help and was so proud to work on this project with me.  She shared that it was the best part of her weekend - above yoga and turkey dinner.  

Yes she does a spiderman and a teenage mutant ninja turtle costume. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment