Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sam's Birthday Part 2

We celebrated Sam's FIRST birthday with family yesterday and boy was it fun!  Fittingly, we had a Dr. Seuss theme in honor of his Green Eggs and Ham and its character, Sam I am.  Sam had a blast! He stayed in good spirits (as always!) gave big smiles, big hugs, and big memories.  He enjoyed eating cake, opening presents, and giving thanks to everyone. He was not a big fan of wearing hats.  What a treat to have Dr. Seuss hats made by Aunt DeeDee!

I had a rare opportunity to really reflect on his past year last night - like really reflect.  I recalled rushing to the hospital and delivering him within minutes after arriving - almost with my boots and jacket still on! The first three months were a blur as we settled in as a family of four and taking care of a newborn.  I remembered bringing him to Florida for his first taste of warm weather in February. I remembered the sadness of going back to work, but celebrated him sleeping through the night!  I remember him taking his first bites of oatmeal and starting to move around.  From rolling, to crawling, and to now walking 70% of the time.

He's so proud of himself and gives us belly laughs after each of his accomplishments. We are equally (or more) proud of him!








Thing 1 and thing 2,
the fish and the cat
thank you for putting on your party hat!
My birthday was fun
Thank you for helping me
Celebrate
Year 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment