Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding Festivities!!

This weekend was filled with pure joy.  We were invited to our friends' wedding and were honored to help celebrate their momentous event.  From the beginning it was slated to be a pretty casual affair and they pulled it off and even added a lot of class, beauty, and simple joy.  The brides were beautiful, the ceremony was sweet and loving with a few twists of fun, and reception was tasty and fun.  Jen wore a gorgeous simple dress with a rim of green around the bust and Liz wore a striking white suit with a one shoulder green matching top.  The musician (a friend of the brides) played great tunes and the blasted some Ke$sha while the bridal party danced in.  The officiant (a highschool teacher of Jen's) shared beautiful sentiments about the two gals and invited the guests to continue their love and support.  The ceremony and reception were held at Kingsland Bay State Park among the old trees, vintage buildings, inviting lake, and stunning grounds.  A yummy catered dinner led to scrumptious cupcakes (made by a friend), which led to lots of fun dancing!  The flowers (arranged by a friend) came out quite lovely, if I do say so myself.  And the photographer (also a friend) was easy on the eye (hehehe) and had a GREAT eye for photos. 

You might get the feel that this was a community event and boy was it.  It's clear Jen and Liz are surrounded by so many who love and support them.  It was echoed in speeches and touches throughout the memorable day. I really was so honored to be a part of it.  They must have thanked me a million times for doing the flowers.  I was nervous, but I'd do it all over again.  (Really, it was my pleasure and my assistants (Tim and Katie deserve some credit, too! I wouldn't know what I do know about floral arrangement if it weren't for Katie's business, I Do Blooms)

700 Stems went from this.....
 
to this and.... (7 arrangements)

 this and... (four bouquets)
 
to this (20 centerpieces)

Did I mention all the flowers were FREE??!!  Tim and I cut them on Friday morning in their gardens.


Our beautiful drive home





We are so lucky to be able to witness such great love in a world full of hate.  Jen and Liz are perfect for each other and have set forth on an amazing journey - one I am so blessed and excited to play such a small part.  We may not have survivor on Thursday nights with margaritas, but we certainly have lots of memories and fun times to look forward to.  Congratulations, Jen and Liz!!

(You may have noticed there are no pictures of the brides.  Come back soon after I get permission to brag about them more!!)

EDIT:  Here they are!!!







1 comment:

  1. You can post pictures of us! We would love that! You did such an awesome job on the flowers! I wish I had slowed down and posed for a pic with all my high school friends! Sorry I was so distracted!

    ReplyDelete