Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beach 2 Beacon

Tim has been dreaming about running this race for as long as I can remember.  He was salivating on registration day in March and had been training for the past two months.  His lunch hour encompassed a 5 mile run and wolfing down lunch.  We even did a trial of the race for him to get used to the curves and hills.

The race organizers prepped the race route and surrounding areas for two weeks prior to the race.  Race day was finally here and wouldn't you know Abby would be more excited than Daddy and be up all night?  :-)


Pre-race






I didn't get any pictures of Tim actually running - I did with my phone and the quality is horrendous.  His goal was to run the 10k in less than an hour and he was pretty sure he did.  We stalked the race results all the way down to the Cape and when I could finally report, cheers all around!  His time of 1:00:06 was just 6 seconds shy of his goal and something to be proud of.  He had stopped to give me a high five and kiss Abby - he won't be doing that again next year.

Tim comments about the race route and all the cheerleaders along the way certainly echoed the energy and love felt all around.  Bands played on lawns, decorations adorned houses, and "shower's of power" erected on the road.  Downtown Cape had ladder trucks in an arch and the American Flag proudly displayed.


I'm so proud of Tim for accomplishing one of his greatest dreams.  He is now talking about running a half marathon next summer.

We're on vacation now and relishing in some great family time and sun, sand, and fun!  Be sure to report back again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Tim!!!!!!! I know you can do a half marathon and you can be very proud of your 10K! I wish I could run that fast! WOO!! -Melanie

    ReplyDelete