Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nap Time Deco Project #3

I really, really felt like taking a nap today.  Abby and I enjoyed a fabulous picnic at Fort Williams with a friend and the sun and sea air lent itself for an afternoon nap. BUT, with very precious nap times left to get stuff done around the house I dove into my next deco project.  I've been wanting to do this for months!

A bare wall in our living room begged for a fun display and I stalked decorating blog and websites to get some ideas.  I settled on a linear layout with 3D pieces added in for depth. 


I included all of the pictures from our heritage table at our wedding, a shadow box of my grandfather's memorabilia, two shelves, a clock, mirror and a few frames that need filling.  An empty space is for pictures to come!  The heritage pictures are wedding pictures from our parents and grandparents.  I'll be able to add frames to the left of the shelf when we decide on what to put up.  

There are lots of sites to get inspiration.  Here is where I sometimes get mine.  About a quarter of the way down is a grouping of Inspirations Pictures for Photo Galleries.  

Not too shabby for a two hour nap time!



 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Want to come do my house, still have nothing on the walls and it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete