Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Dumpter Dived

I admit it.  I have dumpster dived.  What is this you ask?  Well, it's just like it sounds.  You dive in a dumpster and get stuff.  Now I didn't actually get IN it, nor did I dive in one.  I just pilfered around for...wait for it...coupons.  Since January first I have really been checking out coupons and using them faithfully to save money while I'm not working.  The time spent is sort of like paying myself to shop, right?  Because of the learning curve it used to take three hours or so and now I'm down to 2 hours or less.  Efficient websites, easy navigation, knowing what to clip, etc has made it super easy. 

I also hosted a Coupon Class with Couponing with Cari yesterday.  While it cost attendees $15.00 to attend, we easily left with coupons or rebates to make up for the fee.  The knowledge and tips she shared was awesome!  Now I can't divulge all her secrets, but I can say her manual is complete, her stories were hilarious, and shopping scores inspirational.  Will I become an extreme couponer?  Nope - and Cari doesn't endorse that either.  She explains how to shop with your families needs in mind and not to go out and buy 167,398 tubes of toothpaste.  Although she did share how she got didn't pay for diapers for her last kids until she was 2 1/2.  Yes. TWO and a half years old.  Legitimately.  Check out her website and contact her to see how you can host your own class.  She has loads of classes at community centers in the fall, but why wait?  Do it now!

And make sure you get on a coupon train so you don't have to dumpster dive for $1.00 off method coupon.  Which I found without too much diving.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment