Sunday, January 17, 2010

Live. Laugh. Love

Three simple words. When Abby's baby book asked, "This is what I wish for you in life:" those three words were my answer. It seems so cliche because you see them plastered everywhere, but when you sit and think about their meaning it's quite powerful. During the decorating phase of Abby's nursery, I had purchased three plaques from the Christmas Tree Shop - each one has one of the words with quotes around them. I gaze at them during her late night feedings and get a little teary-eyed, kind of like I'm doing now :-) Here's what they say...


Live - Take life by the hand - celebrate your life, if you can imagine it, you can achieve it - If you can dream it, you can become it - anyone who have never made a mistake has never tried anything new - In every single moment there is significance - wonder is sprinkled all around us - Embrace - live your poem - imagine the possibilities - take life by the hand and dance

Laugh - Laugh out Loud - good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they're always there - in friendship dance, sing, share, laugh, shout for joy - a friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words

Love - Embrace - follow your heart no matter what- love is patient, love is kind, love does not insist on its own ways, love bears all things believes all things, hopes all things endures all things, love never fails - a friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart - happiness often sneaks in a door you did not think was open

The answer to the baby book's question is perfect for me and all I wish for our daughter - for her to live fully, laugh and love. Three simple words with so much meaning.

2 comments:

  1. I love this...and I'm not usually a fan of the "live laugh love" craze...I think adding the quotes really adds to the meaning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess - I just love your outlook! What a lucky baby to have such a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete