Saturday, January 9, 2010

I was cleared!

I had my 6 week Postpartum (PP) visit on Thursday and was cleared for a couple of things...sex (don't read that Mom!) and the gym. Well, technically I forgot to ask about the gym/exercising thing because we spent so much time talking about Abby, but since I was cleared for the other, I figured I was good to go.

So, today was it...the first day back. I had been contemplating going this weekend, waiting another week, waiting for my favorite class, but then I looked into my closet. I went to the gym.

Earlier this week I packed up all my maternity clothes and sent them to the garage. I am 20 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight and I really need to get it off....soon. Three reasons - my health, I'm too cheap to buy new clothes, and having more energy. I guess there are more reasons, (I like it, me time, setting a good example...) but these are the top three. Now, as I live in yoga pants, nursing tanks, and the occasional sweater, I'll attempt working out 0-7 days a week. The choices we have are simple do it and feel great, or don't and pay the consequences. I choose to "just do it".

BTW, I had my midwife write a "prescription" for No Sex for 6 More Weeks. Tim didn't think it was very funny. Well, he did chuckle. I should have had her write it for 6 more months :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment