Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Great start on the nursery!!!

While in Maine last weekend we decided the colors of the nursery would be hot pink and lime green. After a well-deserved stop at Crate and Barrell, we loaded up on some lime green accessories (rug, baskets, and storage containers. When we got home, I realize that the lime green completely matches the rocker we had reupholstered in a lime green print. Duh! My fabulous Mom is going to make our bedding with coordinating solid lime green/hot pink and alternating polka dots (green background with hot pink dots and hot pink background with green dots). A curtain, bed skirt, pillows, and quilt will finish the room off nicely!

Today, Tim and our friend Rikker (Thanks, Rikker!!) picked up our crib and dresser from Babies R Us. When I got home all I had to do was help set up the crib! We moved a few things around and voila - the start of a rockin' nursery. We ended up getting pieces from different collections from BRU and while both the crib and dresser are in "natural" they are a bit different. I knew this and it will continue to bother me a bit, but I love both pieces too much to exchange anything. With our Christmas tree shop book cases, all the natural pieces are a bit off. Want to see some pictures??



See this Lion??? Well, it's a three foot stuffed animal that I won in a drawing from Bebop Baby Shop. I have a tendancy to stop in to get diapers on consignment and they have a lot of earth friendly product. I'm on a lucky streak!

The only thing we have left to add is a futon. We're doing a furniture exchange with our friend Barb. It will serve as seating and obviously a place to sleep when guests come up to stay! Well, we'll sleep on the futon and give up our room for ANYONE who wants to come visit (hint, hint!)

I can't wait to have it all come together!

1 comment:

  1. awww Jess, looks soo great. Can't wait to see it all come together. Congrats on such a great start!!

    ReplyDelete