Thursday, September 17, 2009

30 week check up and more art.....

Last night we had our 30 week check up! All is well - I've gained 25 pounds, 3 of that baby girl. Heart rate sounded fantastic, we got the clear to travel for the brew fest, and we learned we need to go in every two weeks for a check up.

We also received lots of info on the how-to-give-labor thing. yikes.

I also finished up the last of my cloth wipes. I finally got the technique down to a "T".


If you're interested in my oh so clever technique, here it is!
1. Cut 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 squares of fabric - I used flannel on both sides, supplied by Mom!
2. Match up the squares inside out.
3. Straight stitch 3 sides and half of the 4th side.
4. Flip inside out
5. Fold the final seam and zig zag stitch around all four sides - added some pizzaz and finished the cloth wipe!

I now have about 40 of them, full size ones and a hand full of half size ones.

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I'm going to be purchasing the material for cloth wipes, do you think flannel is best? I'm going to learn to be crafty if it kills me this winter!

    ReplyDelete