Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Team Green

Today didn't really end up the way that we had planned....BUT, it could have been a lot worse. First, Vermont Teddy Bear laid off 15 employees this morning and thankfully I was NOT one of them. Second, the sonogramist confirmed that our Ultra Screen tests (any abnormalities) came back absolutely perfect and the peanut is thriving! Thirdly, we have a prude kid. Now, honestly, either way I'd be happy with a prude kid, but I'd prefer to know if it was a boy prude or girl prude. Legs were fully crossed and the umbilical cord was covering the crotch area. I have to admit I was very disappointed. Kind of like going on vacation and your flight is cancelled. Patience is not one of my strongest virtures and now I have to wait a bit longer. I know, why am I having kids, right?

After I calmed down a bit, I'm really focusing on the good news. S/he is very healthy. Strong heart beat (146), great measurements, all the organs had its parts, the bones were prominent, etc. just a litte prude :-) I'll have Tim post pictures from the sonogram.

I think the stubborn Dee family gene is already present. Oh boy....

2 comments:

  1. That almost happened to us. Savannah decided towards the end to move around a bit and she actually gave us a thumbs up. She would not allow any pictures of her face, but we have a great picture of the thumb. Little did she know that Eric got me a picture frame for the sonogram that has two cute little spaces for pics. We have a picture of her thumb and her crotch... Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer but a surprise is nice too! Can you please enlighten us as to why you have a ticker that says Tim and Jess' triplets? hmmm?

    ReplyDelete