Saturday, July 25, 2009

New project

I generally try to learn new skills and complete projects myself, but I consulted the experts on this one. Tim had received a beautiful glider from a family member and the upholstery didn't exactly match our decor. Trying to to use as much as we can we already have, I asked a seamstress at work to help me out. She gave me tips on what kind of fabric to purchase, accessories needed (covered buttons and roping), and told me she'd be willing to work on it!

Before: I wish I had taken a full before picture. This is the chair stripped down, including the skirt.





AFTER!
I love this print, even though it's a bit louder than I would normally be attracted to. I think it will look fantastic in the nursery next to the yellow walls. I'll take a picture once it's move up. It's a bit heavy for me to be moving right now. :-)

I have enough fabric to hopefully reupholster an ottoman - if we can find one.

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Love the fabric - good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It's going to look great in the nursery and feel even better when you're gliding away with your little one in your arms.

    ReplyDelete