Monday, June 22, 2009

I know I'm a day late, but Happy Father's Day to all fathers!  In honor of Dad's Day, today's posting comes to you from the Dad-to-be. 

Unfortunately, my Uncle Dick passed away on Friday after a short but difficult bout with cancer. He was the ultimate handiman and did a lot of work as a painter, so he was in my thoughts on Saturday as I painted the baby's room, which by the way is looking good! We finished painting and installed new shelving in the closet. Next comes carpet and furniture! 

On Sunday, I made the trip down to RI for my Uncle's funeral. On a happy note, I was able to spend some quality time Sunday night with my sister Erin, my Dad and his fiance Gwen. We enjoyed a great Italian dinner, followed by free ice cream.   That's right, free ice cream!  "The Daily Scoop" in Bristol, RI offered a free scoop for all Dad's on Father's Day. Expectant Dad's got two free scoops! 


Happy Father's Day Dad....what a great way to celebrate the special day. 



 
When I got back to VT this afternoon, I found a cute card from Peanut wishing me Happy Father's Day.  Thanks Peanut, and thanks Jess for the rad boogie board!  Hopefully it will come in handy at the Cape later this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Two posts in a row, honey! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete