Thursday, June 11, 2009

16 Week Follow Up

We had our 16 week check up today and got a clean bill of health. Strong heart beat, questions answered, more lab work, and a great visit topped the appointment. We really liked the midwife (Mary Jo) we had today, and hope we have her again. Although, we'll be starting some group appointments next week. In that case, we'll be meeting with Sandy, who has been my favorite so far!

Actually, the highlight was realizing the "twinges" I've been feeling are in fact the baby's first movements! I finally put two and two together on Wednesday, when the feelings wouldn't go away. AND, intensified after eating. I expressed my thoughts to my coworker, Mary Jane, and she confirmed that it was most likely the little one!

I mentioned the movement to Tim last night and he got all excited. I think he thought he'd be able to feel. In due time, honey. Don't rush it!

All is well here in Proctor land. We finally have our install date for new carpet, which means we'll be spending the next couple of weekends tearing apart and putting back together again. More specifically, the "nursery" aka spare room will be painted yellow. Yes, yellow! We'll accent with other fun colors.

16 weeks down and 34 or so to go :-)

1 comment:

  1. You mean 24 more weeks?? Is this active preggo brain? hehe. Yay flutters!!!

    ReplyDelete