Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sneaky Abby

Abby has been potty trained for well over a year, yet is still in pull ups over night. Three to four nights out of the week she wakes up with a full pull up and just has trouble either waking up or getting to the potty on time.  We haven't been too hardcore on her yet as we know all kiddos do things in their own time.  It's annoying to buy the pull ups (thank God for Extra Care bucks and coupons), but it's even more heartbreaking to the landfills.  I did find, and LOVE, a cloth alternative, but it's not quite holding up to Abby's overnight pee. I'll have to get more absorbent inserts. 

 Here is our conversation from last night:

Abby:  I want to wear underoos tonight!
Me:  Great, Abby! You're such a big girl!  (she was successful last night, so why not?  Plus, she is excited about earning stickers.)

(I went to check on her prior to going to bed myself and what did I find?  She was in a pull up and her underoos on her bedspread.)

I shared her shenanigans to Tim, because I had a feeling she might try to pull a fast one on us.   In the morning, she woke up, came to say good morning, and.....

Tim:  Good morning, Abby! How did you sleep?  Are you dry??
Abby:  Yes!

Well, her UNDEROOS were dry, but the pull up she was wearing was full to the brim!

I spoke to her about lying and not telling the truth, but for real, what 3 1/2 year old would be smart enough to attempt, let alone pull off, this stunt.  Smarty pants. 

2 comments: