Sunday, July 14, 2013

Backyard Camping

With summer days dwindling fast and the amounts of copious rain, you sort of have to take advantage of these rain-free, gorgeous nights. So, here's what we did!





We set up our Taj Mahal for a little backyard camping.  Abby was beyond excited to sleep outside and spent several hours in an out of the tent getting everything ready.  Lots of books, her teddy, air mattresses (of course!), and blankets.


Sam was put in his pack n play at his normal bed time while Abby got to stay up much later than her bed time.  We somehow made it all in our bed by 6:15.  I'll say it was a large success since I didn't have to get up more than once and I slept until 6 - my normal wake up time.  Tim shared that there were animals all around us, but I suppose that's to be expected.  As long as they don't find their way into the tent!

I think we're ready for the REAL thing!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment