Monday, March 11, 2013

Back to Work

Like all good things, maternity leave has come to an end.  Thankfully, not abruptly.  I'm back to the grind just three mornings this week with a promise to clean out email by Friday.  I'm back full time next week. 

No tears at drop off, but a sense of relief.  I knew this day was coming and embraced it rather than loathed it.  The first day of everything (school, job, etc) can be a bit overwhelming and cause some anxiety, but I was ready to get back to the office.  Since I had dropped off all of Sam's day care stuff last week, all I had to do was drop off kiddos.  And, it went just fine.  I trust our day care provider with my life and know Sam is in good hands.  Pheeww.  And really, it was just a few hours. Next week might be tough.

One of my employees asked me if I was sad.  Truthfully, no.  What I am sad about is that since we do not plan on having any more kids, there is no more maternity leave! Ever!  :-)

Sam and I had a lot of fun while it lasted and now back to the grind.  I WILL miss the hours of snuggle time, Days of Our lives at 1pm, crossing off projects on the list, and eating bon bons.  But, we'll be sure to carve time for all that good stuff in the midst of life's craziness. 






Love this little dude!  He's going to have some much fun playing with Abby and all his friends at Susie's house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment