Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Treats for the Nurses (recipe inside!)

On Friday night I was busy in the kitchen preparing treats for the nurses since I **thought** we'd be heading in.  After making more peanut butter blossoms I made this delicious popcorn goodness that was to die for.  Popcorn Peppermint Bark.

Super easy.....like crazy easy.

photo credit Katelyn Olson because I was too lazy to take my own picture

Pop a bunch of popcorn, drizzle some dark chocolate over it, shake a bit of salt on it, and sprinkle some crunched up candy canes.  Delightful.

Here it is in more detail (from my friend Katelyn):

Pop 1/2 a cup of popcorn and spread it on 2 wax papered (or parchment, whatever) covered sheets. Pick out the unpopped kernels. Melt 1 C of dark chocolate chips and drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle with salt and 1/3 C crushed candy canes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment