Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baby #2 Update

Well, after my 39 week appointment on Friday morning, there was significant hope we'd be the proud parents of two kiddos by the time this goes to print.  The doctor gave a clean bill of health all around and stripped my membranes to get this labor going.  By 3pm contractions had commenced to the point where I started tracking them.  About 30 seconds to one minute in duration and 15 minutes apart.  Not strong enough to be super excited, but certainly was anxious that things had progressed. 

Plans went into action.  Mimi was called to spend the night in the event we had to make a middle of the night trip to the hospital and texts were sent to immediate family.  By 3am all excitement came to a stall.  After lots of sleep and wonder if the contractions would get stronger - nada.  At least we got some extra sleep!

The good news is that we did talk through a plan with the doctor for induction.  I told her, "I don't want to be in the hospital for Christmas, and neither did she." After a chuckle, we agreed that at the post date ultrasound, I could elect to induce that afternoon if all was in good standing.  So, the way I look at this - we have until Wednesday tops.  I'll hope for natural progress, but at least I have a date for my type-A personality. 

Still feeling well.  I'm technically working from home still, but under the circumstances I'll most likely start my leave next week.  So, what else to keep my busy for the next few days?  Maybe a Christmas pageant, a birthday party, baking, preparing some frozen meals, wrapping, light housework, shopping.....having a baby?  The latter would be pretty awesome.  :-)


1 comment:

  1. You guys have been in my thoughts!! Sending "get this baby here pronto" vibes to you! can't wait for the big arrival! You will be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete