Monday, December 10, 2012

Sticking Close to Home

Well, our little guy isn't making things easy around here...or maybe he is :-)  After significant more swelling in the lower extremities over the weekend I called the doc for advice.  They wanted to see me and determined that the feet needed to be elevated above the heart as much as possible for the duration of the pregnancy.  The good news is that my blood pressure, protein levels, pulse, baby's heart rate, etc all look excellent.  Even the blood work came back with fabulous ratings.  All organs functioning properly.  Their concern at this time is the 7 lb weight gain in five days (WHAT?!!!???).  Clearly there is some retention of fluid happening.....(yes, I'm drinking water and not eating a lot of sodium). So, to prevent the onset of pre-eclampsia or toxemia they are recommending me remain home, feet up. I'll be in the office one more day to wrap up a few things and then wait out the rest days at home. 

The good news is that I can still work part time, so at least I'll have something to do.  There's only so much reading or TV watching this mama can do. 


Baby P: 39 weeks today
Abby: 3 years 1 1/2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment