Monday, August 27, 2012

Bedtime Routine Drama

We had a good run...between March and the end of July, Abby rocked the big girl bed routine.  She stayed put and actually would call to us when she needed something.  The bed rails acted as a barrier she respected.  Well, we took a turn in the other direction and are now dealing with a bedtime that is up to two hours, sometimes a bit more.  It's maddening.  Miss Abigail has begun expressing her sassy self and is avoiding sleep like the plague.  We hear lots of things such as:
  • Mumma!!  I need to pee!
  • Daddy!  Dad! Daaaad!  I need my sweatshirt!
  • I need a hug!
  • Can I come give you hug?
  • Teddy needs a hug!
  • I need milk/water/juice/snack/anything else I can think of to get out of bed...
  • I need to poop!
  • Mommmy - hold my finger!
  • I want different music
 Does she not realize how valuable sleep is???  Last night I though for sure she was asleep.  Twenty minute of silence surely means sound asleep, right?  I decided to read a bit before bed and closed up shop around 9:15.  Well, wouldn't you know I literally almost ran over Abby as she walked about of the pitch-black bathroom.  I looked at her startled and then realized what she had done:

practicing with makeup

She expertly applied green eyeshadow on her lids and below her eyes - I think she wanted the smokey eye look.  The finishing touches were a dark shadow highlighted her brow.  Really??!!  at 9pm at NIGHT??!!!

All I could do was laugh and of course take a picture.  She was so stinkin' quiet.  I laughed so hard that she knew I was laughing at her.  Ohhhh, Abby.  I do love you so dearly.  But, pretty please GO.TO.SLEEP!

2 comments:

  1. Do you get Focus on the Family? It's a free Christian publication. Just yesterday, I read in it "It's easier, sometimes, to just enjoy the quiet. But it's smarter to go and investigate". A great memory made, for sure. Well done, Abby!

    ReplyDelete