Thursday, March 1, 2012

Flowers from the Boss

Last week was a challenging week with balancing work and home and by Friday I knew I had to have a conversation with my boss.  Luckily, I knew she would support me through the overwhelming week. We figured out which projects to delegate and she encouraged me to leave each day in a timely fashion.  We all know starting a new job can be crazy and the desire to prove yourself high. 

I immediately left our one on one feeling much better and had to hurry to my next meeting.  When I arrived back to my desk, I found a beautiful daffodil plant and a bouquet of sunflowers.  Two cards adorned the stems.  The plant and card for me and the sunflowers and second card for Abby.  Inside the second card, was a note that read, "Dear Abby, I know sometimes you miss Mommy when she goes to work, so I wanted you to know how I am thankful that you let Mommy come to work with me! I hope you like sunflowers!  :-) Deb at L.L.Bean.

Seriously?!  How awesome.  How awesome I have such wonderful support to be a working Mom. 


Here is Abby enjoying her FIRST bouquet of flowers!  We carefully unwrapped them and she said, "Oh Mumma, they are so pretty!" 

Yes, Abby they are.  And they're from a pretty fantastic boss and it's not me.  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. YAY for supportive bosses, wonderful surprises and girl power! What an amazing example for Abby!!

    ReplyDelete