Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It Only Took 775 days

The Switch has been turned.  We've been blessed with Abby's presence for a mere 775 days and we enjoyed that time mostly tantrum free.  Earlier this week, Abby woke up, turned the "switch" and really threw us for a loop.  And when I say "us", I really mean Tim.  Of course, this would all happen when I transition to adding gym time to my day. I get to my office and Tim's text only partially explains.  It says, "Worst.Tantrum.Ever."  Oops... sorry, Daddy.

Apparently, Abby didn't want to put on her diaper, get dressed, or jacket.  When I checked in with him after the day care drop off, he clearly was in parental shock.  He dropped her off without a jacket or shoes.  We have never seen Abby grace our presence in such way. To be expected? Yes.  So swiftly? No.  I wish I could say it was just a one time occurrence, but it's been daily.  She's even added in a nightmarish bedtime routine.  For several nights in a row she has cried for nearly an hour or more.  We've checked to ensure her safety and she is surely just manipulating us.  While difficult, ignoring has been the mode of attack.

Dear Abby, please turn the Switch back.  We miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment