Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Good Job!"

Technology.  I do it because I have to, but I've never really liked it.  I easily get frustrated by fixing my laptop and quite often give it to my loving husband who has the patience for it.  I despise loading a DVD because I almost always screw it up.  Why on earth should something so easy take three remotes to play?  Tim takes care of all that, so when "Lion King" is requested when Tim isn't around, I get a little nervous.  I attempted last weekend and had to make a call.  To my credit, we did get a new receiver and recently a Blue-Ray player so all the buttons have changed.  Tim talked me through it over the phone we were soon listening to "The Circle of Life".

Just this morning, another request for the.same.damn movie.  Not that I really mind, actually, it's one of my favorites and just unbelievable on stage.  I get the remotes out, the dvd loaded, coffee in hand and get started with the sequence of buttons. In just a few seconds Cinderella's castle shows up and Abby exclaims, "Good job, momma!"  Oh how I love her!  Thanks, Abby.  She clearly either knows my pain or is mocking me.  I'm going with the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment