Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Traditions Part 1 - The Tree

We seem to all be on the mend, so I thought I'd write to more exciting happenings.  Tis the season for all things Christmas!  The next few posts will involve what we hope to be some great family traditions that create some fabulous memories.  Don't forget our elf, Eddie, who made his appearance on Thanksgiving.  He's been a fantastic addition to the holiday season. 

First up, the Tree!  One of my favorite traditions was decorating the trees and sometimes two trees at our house growing up.  When my parents moved us to their current house, my Mom wanted a tree in the front room for space to open presents and one in the kitchen for us to enjoy.  As crazy as it was, it was always fun.

Here are the Proctors decorating our 2011 Christmas tree:


The first ornament

Notice the Willow tree behind Tim?  Family.  He gave it to me our first Christmas with Abby.


The final touches - the Angel! 
We bought the second tree we picked up, enjoyed the candy canes given to us by the nice Rotary guys, and drove on home with our 2011 tree.  Isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment