Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Direct to Business

Some of you might be wondering what the heck "Direct to Business" is...Did Abby get right down to business on the potty?  Nope, but we're working on it.  Did Tim do his business and clean the kitchen in the right way?  Nope - we're working on that, too :-)

Direct to Business is a department within L.L. Bean's Customer Satisfaction area, where I currently am.  Starting October 17th I will be the new Front Line Supervisor.  What's the big deal?  Well, it's much more challenging than the role I play now, a lot more work, and it's a YEAR ROUND POSITION!  That's right folks, my career is back on track. It's only took 16 months..... Benefits, vacation time, bonuses, etc. 

I wasn't going to apply, but he turnover rate is so low these positions don't come around very often.  Also, I was pretty excited about where I was.  I realized, after being inspired by the company's Bean's Best celebration, which is the highest form of recognition, you don't get any where by not taking risks.  Challenging yourself keeps your drive to succeed fresh.  So I applied.  I went through the interview process and was successful.  The feedback I received was about to make my head explode.  "We love your enthusiasm, energy, drive to succeed, great personality, we'd work well together..." My new supervisor reminds me a lot of one of my favorite boss' - Katie at VTB.  She was the epitome of a fantastic leader and I owe much of my current style of leadership to her. Thanks, Katie!

Now we can get those windows we've been talking about, a new roof, and maybe squeeze in a new camera.  Getting right down to business, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment