Sunday, July 17, 2011

Family Time

This summery weekend has been filled with family and once again reminds me how awesome it is to be back in Maine.  I wish I could say I have pictures to document, but I don't.  I've grown to rely on my family (uh, Mom) to take pictures and then do a quick download onto my PC.  Let's hope there were pictures from this weekend to share.  My only set of aunts and uncles who live out of town (out of the 10) live in Wisconsin and we see them once every year or two.  As a trainer at VTB I was fortunate to visit them on their turf while I trained in Chicago.  The flew in on Wednesday and we've seen them four times!  Four family get togethers in 5 days and it's been fantastic!  From Amato's sandwiches, lunch on the fly, lobster bake at our house, to a BBQ by the pool oh my have we had fun. 

I've promised myself to really enjoy summer this time around and forgo chores until absolutely the last minute and tonight was a great example.  The most perfect day deserved one more dip in the pool, one more bite of cake, one more beer - okay, two, and one more hug goodbye.  We didn't get home until 8pm just enough time to tackle bed time, put the dirty diapers in the wash, and crank on the air conditioner in the bedroom and set up shop with the laptop.  The Wisconsinites go back tomorrow and we wish them a safe journey until next time.  For now, stay tuned while I hunt down some pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment