Monday, July 4, 2011

394 Sleeps Ago

394 days ago was my last day of work.  Yes, I know motherhood is work, and, yes, I know I worked seasonally for L.L. Bean this past winter.  But, tomorrow marks my first day back to a brain moving, healthy salary, leave-Abby-at-daycare job.  Am I excited?  Absolutely!  Am I nervous?  A little - I'm hoping I don't screw up too much.  Am I hopeful?  I'm positive I can knock their socks off so this job becomes permanent at the end of January and not seasonal like it is now.  Am I anxious?  YES!  I can't wait!  Will I sleep tonight?  Probably not - sort of like going back to school after having the summer, er 394 days off.  Am I sad?  Just a smidge - Abby is certainly fun to be around, and I am sad we won't have beach, playground, or library play dates, etc.  Okay, maybe more than a smidge sad. 

What's going on with Abby?  She's been going most Fridays for the past year to Sue's House and loves being there and they love her.  I hope Abby doesn't miss me too much while she's hanging with her friends at day care.

I've been extremely blessed to have this sacred time off.  I am grateful for Tim for his support and appreciative of all those who have helped hang with Abby when I had interviews, appointments or needed time to myself.  I am looking forward to going to the bathroom without the door open, eating lunch in its entirety, using my brain for more than a grocery list, and of course contributing to our bank account.  Because you know, there are lots of things to save for.  Things like a new roof, vacation at the Cape, Abby's brother or sister (no, we're not pregnant, but thinking about it), new shoes, and maybe college education. 

For my last sleep?  Abby and Daddy let me sleep until 8am.  Tomorrow?  Abby or the alarm will wake me up at 6am.  I am thankful for 394 non-alarm wake ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment