Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Toilet

I have no idea why Abby is obsessed with this appliance (is this what it is?).  For real.  We keep the doors shut to every room upstairs except for her own and on occasion forget the bathroom door.  I'm comforted that nothing in there can harm her, but everything she *might* do in there certainly causes annoyance.  Well, annoyance coupled with laughter and a little bit of joy in her adventurous personality.

When it's quiet, I know Abby is somewhere she probably shouldn't be.  Most of the time it's here:


We have lost rolls and rolls of toilet paper, washed countless hands, and shut that door millions of times.  Maybe it's truly the land of the forbidden that gets her, or the cold water, or the splash she loves to make as she dips her hand in.  I have no idea, but if she really knew what the toilet was for, she probably would back off. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Luke LOVES the toilet as well. If he even hears the bathroom door open he runs down the hallway screaming pee pee and heads in for the toilet. My mother has ingrained the fear of drowning by toilet into me and so it is probably our more anal task to shut all bathroom doors.

    I can only imagine little Abby and Luke playing at the lake this summer. A big giant toilet ;P

    ReplyDelete