Sunday, February 13, 2011

Les Miserables and The Future

I had the privileged of attending this years SPHS performance of Les Miserables with some good friends of mine last evening.  While the performance was riveting, well-done, and a performance to be proud of, I was overcome with emotion about what the future holds for Abby.  Seeing these wonderfully talented kids (and I use "kids" loosely as many of you know the adult content of Les Mis) I wondered what Abby might be talented in. Will she be a rock star on the court, field, or pool?  Will she have a strong hand in the arts, music, or theater world?  Will she be a doctor, lawyer, or non-profit guru?  These thoughts ran through my head as the lead belted out a solo and received a partial standing ovation.  Will that someday be Abby?  All I know is that she rocks my world now, and now matter what she does I will be very proud of her.  For at 14 months, I already am.  Toilet lover and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment