Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nap time Deco Project






A display of shell postcards add some depth into our entryway.

Inspiration:  LL Bean Spring 2011 Home Catalog.  The staging in each shot is superb and this idea was featured over a headboard in a bedroom shot.  I added rows to take up more space and display more cards.

Cost:  Free!  I had the jute rope and I picked up the cards at the Swap Shop in the Cape dump ( I love this place!) and the clothes pins were inherited by by previous owner of the house.

Directions:  I measured the length of the wall and measured 6" in from each side.  On one side I started from the top and marked in 12" increments.  On the other side, I marked 6" from the top and then in increments of 12".  After nailing 1" nails in at each mark, I tied a knot at the top I strung the rope around each nail and knotting at the bottom.  Clothespin your postcards, artwork, etc where ever you want it!

Really, it took me less than nap time.  About 30 minutes from start to finish. 

Here's what Abby was doing:


Dream in Green :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment